Friday, June 8, 2007

it's sorta weird.

but it happened a few day's ago.

It was requested of me to walk to a corner store about two blocks from where I live to get some tomato sauce for dinner. I had no qualms about this. So I set out, and as I approached the store, I noticed there was a man standing behind the store, pulling down his pants. As strange as it was to witness, I found that I simply could not turn away. This guy, he looks like a standard just-crossed-the-border mexican, he almost looks like a cholo. He bends down and digs for something in his pocket, a syringe. Oh, I think to myself, he's a standard druggie. I continue to watch as this man taps the needle, taps his arm for a vein, and starts shooting up. When he does, he lets his head roll back and he starts violently shitting.

It's at this point that I decide to turn away, and walk back home.

Halfway there, I realize I really need to buy that tomato sauce, or everyone will be mad at me. So, I suck it up and walk back to the store. I walk in and notice the man buying a 40 oz. I purchase two cans of tomato sauce and I walk back home.